Compliments and Complaints
Code of practice for patient compliments and complaints
At the Octagon Orthodontics we take complaints very seriously and try to ensure that all our patients are pleased with their experience here.
Our aim is to react to complaints in a courteous manner and deal with them promptly so that the matter is resolved as quickly as possible.
We learn from our mistakes and we respond to customers’ concerns in a caring and sensitive way.
- If a patient complains on the telephone we will listen to their complaint and ask them to put it in writing or take the patient’s concerns and pass them to their Orthodontist or the Complaints Manager. If the patient is at the reception desk we will listen to their concerns and deal with any concerns they may have relating to any non clinical issues.
- If the patient complains in writing, the letter will be passed immediately to the Complaints Manager and /or the appropriate Orthodontist depending upon the nature of the complaint.
- We will acknowledge receipt of the patient’s complaint in writing and enclose a copy of this Code of Practice as soon as possible, normally within 3 working days.
- We will investigate the complaint within 20 working days of receipt to give an explanation of the circumstance that led to the complaint. If we are unable to investigate within 20 days we will notify the patient, giving reasons for the delay and a likely period when the investigation will be completed.
- We will confirm the decision in writing about the complaint immediately after our investigation.
- Proper and comprehensive records are kept of any complaint received.
- All correspondence will be sent by recorded delivery.
If patients are not satisfied with the result of our procedure, a complaint may be made to: TVAT, Jubilee House,5510 John Smith Drive South, Oxford Business Park, Cowley, Oxford, OX4 2LH. (01865 334663). This relates to NHS patients only.
The Dental Complaints Service, The Lansdowne Building,2 Lansdowne Road, Croydon, Greater London CR9 2ER(08456 120540). This relates to private patients only.
*NHS fees set by Department of Health and subject to annual change. (Please note that NHS charges apply where NHS appliances are lost or broken beyond repair).
Our private fees are based on an hourly rate which covers our practice expenses and allows us to provide a high standard of care and service to our patients. Please note that NHS charges apply where NHS appliances are lost or broken beyond repair.